M. Shahabpour, A. Isaac, M. De Jonge
MRI Wrist & Hand
This book offers a reliable standard for hand and wrist imaging. High expertise from recognized specialists in hand diagnostics, interdisciplinary radiology and hand surgery are responsible for optimal knowledge transfer. The abundantly illustrated publication provides a comprehensive reference for radiologists, residents, sports medicine physicians and surgeons who have to do with hand and wrist conditions.Key features of “MRI Wrist & Hand”:
- A unique didactic concept
- More than 1100 images and illustrations
- An excellent educational guide for radiologists and surgeons
- Individual chapters address specific topics
Editors: M. Shahabpour, A. Isaac, M. De Jonge
1st English edition
Publication date: June 2021
- Hardcover edition, English
- 344 pp
- Size: 21.4 × 30.2 × 2 cm
- ISBN: 978-3-902933-84-3
- DOI: 10.30415/9783902933843
- Price: 199,00
(VAT included, shipping excluded)
- The content of the book is available digitally at no additional cost in the platform eRef (access code in the book). With the free eRef app, you always have plenty of content at hand, even offline.
- NEW: this book was printed climate neutral in Austria.
- Imaging modalities for the wrist
- Imaging modalities for the hand & fingers
- Anatomy of osseous & articular structures of the wrist
- Typical fractures you should know
- Ulnar impaction syndromes
- Articular and osseous pathology – the surgeon’s perspective
- Anatomy of the TFCC and intrinsic ligaments
- Triangular fibrocartilage complex injuries
- Intrinsic ligament injuries
- Anatomy & injuries of the extrinsic and midcarpal ligaments
- Athletic overuse injuries of the wrist
- The growing athlete’s wrists
- Variants & pitfalls of the wrist
- Anatomy of tendons & muscles of the forearm and wrist
- Tendon pathologies of the wrist
- Surgeons’ perspective on tendon pathologies of the wrist
- Tendon pathologies of the wrist, hand & fingers (including the surgeon’s perspective)
- CMC thumb & common CMC & interMC II – V: anatomy & pathology
- Surgeons’ perspective on CMC joints II – V pathology
- Anatomy of the fingers
- Fractures and dislocations of the fingers
- Ligament disorders of the fingers
- Surgeons’ perspective on trapeziometacarpal & thumb lesions
- Anatomy of the nerves & vessels of the wrist
- Nerve injuries & entrapment of the wrist
- Nerve pathology of the hand & fingers
- Postoperative wrist & hand
- Guidelines for MR imaging of sports injuries
“Only a few medical textbooks allow the reader to comprehensively understand a topic in such a stringent manner in a short time and to be able to apply the reading.”
The present work deals with MR imaging of the wrist and hand on 342 pages. It is the 8 th book on musculoskeletal diagnostics published by Breitenseher Publisher. Although the various chapters were written by several different authors, the book reads like a 'piece'.
First of all, the examination technique and the most important anatomical structures are discussed. In the individual chapters, the various pathologies are then systematically dealt with and illustrated with pictures that have been excellently labeled. Sketches, CT images, x- rays and clinical photos complete the explanations. All images are of excellent image quality. The numerous tips for carrying out the various examinations are also very helpful.
The book can be described as the state of the art of MR diagnostics of the hand and wrist and represents a reliable standard for a very difficult region. It corresponds to the latest state of knowledge for this special field with a high increase in knowledge for the inclined reader. The extensive expertise of proven specialists is evident in all chapters.
Only a few medical textbooks allow the reader to comprehensively understand a topic in such a stringent manner in a short time and to be able to apply the reading. All relevant diagnoses and differential diagnoses are dealt with. The index of the book is very carefully prepared and comprehensive. The references at the end of each chapter are comprehensive and up-to-date.
The work is aimed at an experienced diagnostician as well as at people who are first familiarizing themselves with musculoskeletal diagnostics of the hand. The book is suitable both as a reference work for complicated subjects and as a textbook.
This book closes the existing gap in the diagnosis of large joints at Breitenseher Publisher and completes the series, which so far covered the knee, the hip, the foot & ankle, the elbow and the shoulder in a perfect way. This book is always fun, with both simple leafing through and intensive work through. Therefore, this very practice-oriented work should not be missing in any radiological library. Online access to the book is also integrated.
Prof. Dr. Martin G. Mack
Facharzt für Diagnostische Radiologie
“With the help of more than 1100 images and illustrations, normal anatomy as well as pathological changes of all relevant parts of the human wrist and hand are concisely presented.”
The book "MRI Wrist & hand" is now available in its first English edition, both as hardcopy and digitally via the Platform eRef. The three editors are MSK experts with a long tracking record for that subspecialty.
The book is divided into 28 chapters, concentrating on all essential aspects of MRI examinations and image interpretation of this highly demanding body region. Some of the chapters deal with special aspects such as athletic (adults and adolescents in two separate chapters) overuse or postoperative wrist and hand examinations and image interpretation. The last chapter deals with MRI protocol recommendations.
With the help of more than 1100 images and illustrations, normal anatomy as well as pathological changes of all relevant parts of the human wrist and hand are concisely presented. Moreover, the surgeons´ perspective is included in separate chapters, helping the address the expectations of the referring colleagues.
Who is the target group for this book? In short – a wide range from radiology postgraduates up to radiology specialists who are only temporarily involved in MSK imaging. But the book is also attractive beyond radiology, in particular for orthopaedics and trauma surgery.
What can be said about the price? In short – it´s reasonable. The additional option of electronic access via the eRef platform makes it very attractive.
Prof. Dr. med. Meinrad Beer
Head, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology